2014/02/23

NEO GEO X GOLD LIMITED EDITION 「Regret to own」

Cantonese / Tradition Chinese / English )







This product released on 2012 with beautiful design.  At that time, I found there were appeared in second-hand market, who resell it at 90% new.  I am thinking what is the problem until  to I write here. 


That's not cheap.  The console sold at HKD 1580, and the games selling at HKD 300-600 per volume.    Afterward, the producer declaring discontinued, you can see the picture showing  the Vol.1-5 which doesn't fully collect all of NEO GEO games.  Although, it can be jailbreak, I am here to telling you it is not perfect for all games, some of its cannot run normal. 

Its also can run arcade files, such as CAPCOM game from NAME.  You should press R1 to insert coins for play, but you cannot play it with big joystick, because which has no R1 button.  You are force to play emulators on the handheld console.  Also, SNES and MD games, which can not save the game process. 


The handheld console may not prefect on screen display, but the sound are quite good when you connect to the headphone. 



I estimated it must buy NEO GEO PACK 1 (Price of HKD 518), inside the USB cable could update the sound and picture output.  If you not do that, I think it may meet problem with some HDTV.  As my knowledge, there are no sound when I use it connect to KDL Series of SONY HDTV.

Undeniably, the HDMI output only 480p, but the screen " slightly " better than a computer output to TV.

However, I consider the problem as above, particularly the emulators run not prefect as computer.  I decided not to spend money on VOL.1 PACK (1580 added 518, it is the price for PS3 console, which is too expensive!). Fortunately, I succeed resold it within 7 days.  Its just loss a dinner. 



After testing, this joystick can support  PS3 or PC.  So,  I spend HKD 280 to got 1 for my collection.  I can use it to play PS STORE or PC emulators.  It is better than keep 1 set of NEO GEO X. 

Finally, I am here to suggest you think twice before you buy.  If you only love the designed, thats is good.  But put it  on the functional considerations, which will be disappointed.  Although this console has been discontinued, which said fewer and fewer, but i believe there are still a lot of inventory on the market. 

Cantonese / Tradition Chinese / English )




沒有留言:

張貼留言